Looking for right answer to the question you searched for? Make sure to check below for the same:
Revised Defensive Driving Course Questions & Answers for the year 2020
Q.) How can you assess whether you are not looking far enough ahead when you drive?
- You make frequent, quick stops.
- A 35-second visual lead is not enough
- You find yourself distracted by other drivers.
- You can never find the street where you need to turn.
ANSWER: 1. You make frequent, quick stops.
Check Recently Added Questions & Answers on Defensive Driving Course
- Before entering an intersection, the safest searching process is to search ________.
- While driving in the city, the busy urban environment can induce ___________.
- Do not try to drive more than__________hours in any one day.
- Check a rental vehicle for__________before you leave the lot.
ANSWER IN DETAIL
While driving one important thing to keep in mind is that you are keeping a check on the road with your vision directed enough far ahead that you can prevent any dangers. This means that you should not be just looking at the vehicle right in front of you, but instead has a clear vision for approximately another 10 to 15 seconds of your drive.
This is one important tip of defensive driving and will help you prevent any potential risks on the way.
This is especially important during times like:
- Turns and cornering and will give you enough time to prepare for any potential obstacle.
- Give you complete control on the brake lights and make sure you can adjust the speed immediately in case of any contingency.
- Give you enough time and space to back off, turn and switch the lane
- While scanning ahead you can always be prepared for any unexpected thing that the driver in front of you could do and prevent any mishap in such case
- This will keep sudden stops and hard braking at a bay and you will have a smooth driving experience
The point is to keep a good eye on the road to make sure that you have a strong standpoint to take any strategic assessment while driving and prevent avoidable crashes. So, make it a point to be more of a proactive driver than a reactive one to be in a safer position.
Feel FREE to Bookmark below image ->
Hope you find the answer!