Looking for right answer to the question you searched for? Make sure to check below for the same:
Revised Defensive Driving Course Questions & Answers
Q. It is estimated that over ___________% of all crashes in the U.S. are caused by driver distraction.
ANSWER: 3. 50
Check Recently Added Questions & Answers on Defensive Driving Course
- During each mile you drive, up to__________events you need to interpret can occur.
- Most hazards or obstacles will be detected _____ of your vehicle.
- Do not try to drive more than__________hours in any one day.
- Most drivers make__________driving errors for every 20 decisions they make while driving.
ANSWERS IN DETAIL
Statistics show that accidents are more common with teenagers in the United States. Reports also say that the percentage of accidents caused by men is significantly higher than those caused by women because women tend to be more careful while driving.
Distracted driving is a brief but fatal deviation of the driver’s focus that takes his/her concentration off the road.
Distracted driving can be dangerous, many have lost their lives, and others were severely injured. Not only does one risk his/her own life, but those around and with them as well.
Some of the commonest reasons cited by the drivers for distracted driving are, looking at mobile, adjusting AC, managing the music player, taking care of a child, eating, and talking.
4 Types of Driver’s Distraction
All the reasons for which drivers are distracted can be fitted into either of the four categories.
1. Visual — Driver shifts his/her focus away from the road.
2. Auditory— The driver concentrates on sounds that aren’t related to driving.
3. Manual— manipulating or operating something other than the steering while driving.
4. Cognitive— thinking about things that aren’t driving-related.
Therefore, it is estimated that over 50% of all crashes in the US are caused by driver distraction.
Feel FREE to Bookmark below image ->
Hope you find the answer!