Looking for right answer to the question you searched for? Make sure to check below for the same:
Revised Social Studies Questions & Answers for the year 2020
Q. The NIMS management characteristic of chain of command and unity of command means that each person:
- May be assigned to multiple jurisdictions.
- Reports to only one ICS supervisor.
- Continues to report directly to their day-to-day supervisor.
- May receive work assignments from multiple supervisors in the organization.
ANSWER: 2. Reports to only one ICS supervisor.
Check Recently Added Questions & Answers on Social Studies
- Which of the following is not part of the NIMS management characteristic of chain of command?
- Nims is applicable to all stakeholders with incident related responsibilities.
ANSWER IN DETAIL
Here, Chain of command refers to an orderly line of authority which is within ranks of an incident management organization.
On the other hand, the Unity of command is nothing but each individual must report to only one authorized person who is none other than ICS supervisor.
So it’s very much clear that its reporting relationships are similar within the organization.
Therefore, each person reports to only one ICS supervisor so that this reduces the confusion which may be caused by conflicting directives. This also results in effective leadership too.
Read more about this topic here: https://emilms.fema.gov/IS.200c/groups/368.html
Feel FREE to Bookmark below image->
Hope you find the answer!