So is it right that West Coast University (WCU) is officially accredited and hence legit ? Just keep reading below…you will know…
Looking for a private institution in California? The United States of America has some of the finest education institutions available, with most of them being private.
It always helps to study somewhere that prepares you for your career, instead of just bookish knowledge that you might forget the minute you leave. Education should prepare you for the future by implementing the necessary soft skills required for the path you choose.
Thankfully, the West Coast University in California does the trick. And the best part? The University is based in Ontario, Miami, Florida, Dallas, and Texas as well!
About West Coast University (WCU)
WCU was founded as the ‘American’ Career College’ in 1979 by David Pyle under the American College of Optics that largely catered to the school of optical dispensing only. It was hence purchased later by Pyle who secured it out of its bankrupt rut and converted it into an institution for nursing studies.
Today, WCU or West Coast University aims high at promoting healthcare education to all its students through a customized approach that focuses on students individually. While nursing remains one collateral of the institution.
WCU also caters to dental, health administration, occupational administration, opticals, pharmacy and also physical therapy. There are undergraduate programs, master’s degrees and doctorate programs as well for all the students.
With the advancement in medical studies and strategies taking place every day, the staff at WCU help prepare the students for a fulfilling career ahead. Skills are made to develop in order to boost their confidence and help them prepare to take on the world.
How Legit is West Coast Univerisity? With a range of accreditations under its belt, WCU is one of the top private health care institutions in the United States of America. In this article, we will discuss the several accreditations it has that make this university so popular. So let’s take a look at the next section.
Is West Coast University Accredited?
Of course, the West Coast University (WCU) is accredited and in fact, it has many of them to be proud of. It has been serving its students and staff alike for over 100 years now and is one of the top recognized universities catering to healthcare in the USA.
Some of its significant accreditations are as follows:
- Institutional Accreditation, WASC Senior College and University Commission: Accredited by the WASC Senior College and the University Commission (WSCUC), the WCU is regionally recognized by the US government of education. It is also accredited by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
- Bachelor of Science, Dental Hygiene, Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA): With the new grant implemented on November 4th, 2011, The Dental Hygiene Program which is a part of the Orange County campus is accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing, Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE): All the Nursing Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree Programs are recognized by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) for all campuses of the West Coast University (WCU).
- Bachelor of Science, Nursing (BSN & LPN BSN), Texas Board of Nursing: The prelicensure nursing programs for Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees for all campuses are accredited to the California Board of Registered Nursing.
- Master of Science, Occupational Therapy, Accreditation Council of Occupational Therapy (ACOTE): The entry-level MSOT Program at the West Coast University (WCU) got its accreditation on December 11th, 2014 from the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA). All the program graduates are eligible to sit for the national certification examination for the occupational therapist administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT). Once the exam is successfully completed, the individual will be an Occupational Therapist, Registered (OTR). The states require licensure to practice, however, the state licensure usually depends on the results of the NBCOT Certification Examination. If there are any faults found in the same, the conviction may affect a graduate’s ability to sit for the NBCOT certification examination or attain state licensure.
- Doctorate of Science, Occupational Therapy, Accreditation Council of Occupational Therapy (ACOTE): This collateral of the West Coast University receives its candidacy by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy (ACOTE) of the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA).
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE): Any form of graduation from the physical therapist education program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) which is further necessary for eligibility for the licensure examination for all states. The Doctor of Physical Therapy program at West Coast University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- Doctor of Pharmacy, Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE): The Doctor of Physical Therapy program at West Coast University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) and is recognized in all states.
So We’re Saying…
Think no more and give your nursing career a jumpstart by enrolling in the West Coast University (WCU) today. Visit their website at https://westcoastuniversity.edu/accreditation and have a look at their accreditation and certifications.