Looking for right answer to the question you searched for? Make sure to check below for the same:
Revised Social Studies Questions & Answers
- When the incident scope is complex or beyond existing authorities
- If the incident commander is acting within his or her existing authorities
- To specify the incident action plan to be implemented by the incident commander
- To relieve the granting authority of the ultimate responsibility for the incident
ANSWER: 1.When the incident scope is complex or beyond existing authorities
Check Recently Added Questions & Answers on Social Studies
- Which of the following is not part of the NIMS management characteristic of chain of command?
- Producers must understand the marginal benefit of making an additional unit, which shows the
- An important feature of emergency operation plans is that they
- In a transitioning economy, what is a downside of rapid economic growth?
ANSWER IN DETAIL
Delegation of authority is required for making it easy for managing the business. The authority delegation is mainly the transferring absolute of the parent to the subordinate in an organization.
This kind of power transfer is needed as just one person won’t be able to take care of all the information that is related to the task. This is the reason for the delegation of authority so that superiors can focus on additional information regarding the specific task.
The larger the organization is the higher is the frequency needed for delegate authority. The main reason behind this is that the work volume doubled and it becomes impossible for one person to monitor the entire details related to the work. This is a great way of making work not just simpler but also making sure it’s handled most efficiently.
Delegation of authority also means passing power to a level where it’s needed so that it gets better than the present authority holder.
So as per the question, authority delegation is required at a place where there is a complex incident scope. This means that the task wasn’t understood well or the incident scope is over the existing authority that means that the incident scope is not coming under the power range of that authority.
Therefore, in such cases, the delegated authority for those that are in the scope of an incident can also understand all very well.
Feel FREE to Bookmark below image->
Hope you find the answer!