Looking for right answer to the question you searched for? Make sure to check below for the same:
Revised Biology Questions & Answers
Q. What dramatically changes when starfish are removed from the simulated system?
- Only minor changes occur to the system
- Nori seaweed and black pine populations increase in size
- The community becomes dominated by mussels.
- The acorn barnacle population increases in size.
ANSWER: 3. The community becomes dominated by mussels.
Check Recently Added Questions & Answers on Biology
- Which of the Following Compete for Space on Intertidal Rocks?
- Which of the following is not an essential characteristic of a keystone species?
- Which of the following are characteristics of a keystone species?
ANSWER IN DETAIL
When starfish are removed from the simulated system then the community becomes dominated by mussels since starfish being a top predator of mussels causing a drastic decline in the starfish community.
Feel FREE to bookmark below image ->
Hope you find the right answer!